Last Updated Thu Mar 13 10:42:57 PDT 2003
Files in this Archive
- An anonymous parody of Martin Niemoller's
"First they came..." poem, mocking the MPAA/RIAA copyright fanatics.
- 10 secrets to solving any possible computer problem
- an antidote to chain letters that catalogs
and mocks the 7 most common types of stupid Internet chain letters.
- Parody of Poe's "The Raven." Gothic *and*
computer-oriented...what could be better?
- Guide to academic programmers, this covers every
type of academic programmer there is.
- Great list of the top ten anagrams for
- Barlow's Law of Economics, John Perry Barlow (EFF co-founder).
- Poem about the merging of the Baby Bells, based on "The
Bells" by Edgar Allen Poe.
- Skit in which Picard & co. defeat the Borg with the
help of MS Windows.
- "The Data-Super-Highway Blues", by the EFF's
own Dan Brown.
- Many great thinkers answering the question, "Why did the
chicken cross the road?" Especially good are the answers from Einstein,
Dickinson, and Mr. T.
- Announcement of the sale of the government to a
consortioum of corporations including IBM, Microsoft, and AT&T.
- News brief about the forthcoming release of a
crypto book and the governemnt resulting government hysteria. Wildly
- Poking fun at cybereverything
- Internet song to the tune of "Money for Nothing" by
- HCE Syndrome. Don't think to hard or your
head could explode!
- A Dr. Seuss-style poem about computers.
- Excerpt from an Umberto Eco column in which he
compares the Mac OS to Catholicism and DOS to Protestant Christianity.
This contains an addition in which UNIX is shown to correspond to Judaism.
- Updated netiquette classic - a humorously
sarcastic guide to avoiding online hoaxes, chain letters, and frauds
(and avoiding being someone known for perpetuating them.) Bonus:
also includes the "Bad Times Virus" parody, and the "bOING bOING Anti-
- An amusing joke about engineers, and a hilarious joke
about Bill Gates, extraterrestrials and pyramids.
- Funny joke about a "computer guy" and a frog.
- Joke about high-powered computer execs.
- An account of Bill Gates's experiences in heaven.
- How do you know you are a geek and what kind of a geek are you?
- Like it says, geek humor. Very funny.
- Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies (and Corollaries), Mike Godwin
(EFF staff cousel), et al.
- Script to write a greeting card.
- Mattel's announcement of the new Hacker Barbie.
- A brief story about heaven and hell.
- a parody of a typical Net hoax, intended to mock
such hoaxes and "innoculate" the reader against the "Internet
- A sample "net traffic report," modeled
after radio traffic reports.
- Lists of flames from Usenet groups.
- This one's hard to describe...it's fairly amusing, though.
- A counter-meme to idiotic "good luck" email chain
letters. Incidentally, one of the funniest net-distributed parodies
ever. Created by the publishers of _bOING_bOING_ magazine.
- McCandlish's Law of Unjust Bureaucracy,
Stanton McCandlish, EFF online activist, 1993.
- McCandlish's Law of Aphorisms, Stanton
McCandlish, EFF communications coordinator, Jan. 20, 2000.
- Odd short story about aliens who perceive humans as nothing
but sentient meat.
- Joke about Microsoft trademarking the name "Bob."
- IBM memo about replacing mouse balls. This is a
- The new 1040 form. Check it out so you understand come
- Awful, terrible, horrendous info-superhighway simile.
This is truly unconscionable.
- "If an O/S Ran Your Airline." Amusing.
- Marketing Death on the Info Superhighway by
Paul Phillips, pokes fun at Marty Rimm and his "study".
- The classic FAQ on netiquette: Emily Postnews. Do the
*opposite* of what it suggests.
- A list of politically correct UNIX commands.
- Song about PGP, written by Leslie Fish.
- Song about the government oppressing the poor computer users
by Isaac Bonewitz (based on Leslie Fish/Rudyard Kipling "Pict Song")
- Joke about how different men of professions, such
as Microsoft employees, make love differently.
- A collection of metrics by which to measure the
status of a project.
- Description of an internet contest (actually a hoax, as the
- Skit in which Picard & co. defeat the Borg with the
help of MS Windows. (Also known as borg_windows.skit)
- joke about the NSF and the national
- A list of taglines, like the filename says. Most are
- "I Have Seen the Future" (to the tune of your
favorite blues song).
- "How to determine if Technology has taken over
- A few Unix jokes, which range from very funny to very corny.
- More Unix jokes.
- Yet more Unix jokes.
- "Technoblatherism", a parody of the
"Technorealistic Manifesto", by former dir. of the EFF Cambridge
office, Gerard van der Leun.
- The Wilcox/McCandlish Law of Online Discourse
Evolution (and Corollaries), Bryce Wilcox and Stanton McCandlish (EFF
Subdirectories in This Archive
- Up to the Parent Directory
- [no subdirectories]
Related On-Site Resources
- [no Related On-Site Resources]
Links to Related Off-Site Resources
- Jay's Comedy Club
- A Vast Repository Of Humour . Now On Stage - New Items
To The Archive . Topics To Tickle Your Fancy: . Additional Weirdness .
Amusing Stories . Best Of The Usenet Oracle . Computer & Technology
Jokes . Directions, Guides, & ...
- Adrian's humor collection
- Maintainer: . Adrian Powell . E-mail: email@example.com . Go
back to my home page My collection of text files that I found on
rec.humor, rec.humor.funny, rec.humor.best-of-usenet, some ftp
sites, and through the good-will of my friends. ...
- Yahoo - Entertainment:Humor, Jokes, and Fun:Computer Humor
- Entertainment:Humor, Jokes, and Fun:Computer Humor . Ada Cartoons -
Some cartoons about the Ada programming lanuage. . Anti Windows -
dedicated to all those Windows-lovers all over the world ...
- LaughWEB Canonical Lists
- Canonical Lists . The canonical list of... . Answering Machine
Messages . ASCII Cows . Bart Simpson Blackboard Quotations . The
Biggest Lies . Blonde Jokes . Bumper Stickers . Computer
Hardware Humor . Fulldeckisms . Lightbulb Jokes . ...
- Jokes & Quotations about Doctors, Lawyers & Politicians - Shareware
- MCR Software's . Lowdown on Doctors, Lawyers &
Politicians . Shareware Version 2.1 .
- The Jokes
- These are all the jokes we have in our archive so far, in
the order of when we got them. New jokes will be added to the bottom
each day that there is new jokes. Please vote on them. The voting
system works only if you vote!
- MCTFB's Conquered Domain
- The Joker's List . Here Is A List Of Canonical Lists Of Jokes
That The Joker Has Prepared For MCTFB. If You Are Offended
By These Jokes, Well Then MCTFB Recommends That You See A Shrink
Immediately. Also, One More Thing: The Joker Did Not ...
- Humor (Leisure and Recreation) - Galaxy