Last Updated Thu Mar 13 10:42:54 PDT 2003
Files in this Archive
- Alan Roberts attempts to debunk
Artificial Intelligence. (1993)
- Article by Seeker1 about the development of
"artificial life," programs that model cellular evolution and the
effect of such programs on science, from biology to physics.
- Brief newsbite about a new program developed at the
Brookings Institute that models societal evolution.
- short article about software design in Japan,
illustrating a fuzzy logic concept (3 values instead of only "true" or
"false": "true", "false", "not false" in which "not false" may be set to
- Explanation of the concept of the "hycon": a computer
"agent", artificially intelligent, and considered an entity with its own
rights, even citizenship.
- "Wallowing in the Quagmire of Language: Artificial
Intelligence, Psychiatry, and the Search for the Subject" by Phoebe
Sengers. "Let's face it, people are prejudiced against machines.
Once you start thinking your therapist is a computer, it's hard to
think of her as compassionate, as real, as understanding you, as a
_subject_. This is a fundamental problem Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Subdirectories in This Archive
- Up to the Parent Directory
- [no subdirectories]
Related On-Site Resources
Explanation of the concept of the "hycon":
- a computer "agent", artificially intelligent, and considered an
entity with its own rights, even citizenship.
- New Science - link to directory
on new areas of scientific exploration.
- Though the material ranges from complexity
theory to life extension, look here for A-life/AI-related subjects
like nanotechnology and bio-computing.
Links to Related Off-Site Resources
- [no Related Off-Site Resources]