Subdirectories in This Archive
- Directory of material by "cyberpunk" author and EFF-Austin
Board Member Bruce Sterling, including the online versions of his book
- Directory containing items by EFF Systems & Network
Administrator Dan Brown.
- Directory of items by EFF Board Member David Farber.
- Directory of items by EFF Board Member and former Chairman
- Directory of items by EFF Policy Fellow David Post
- Directory of items by Declan McCullagh, a plaintiff
in the EFF/ACLU lawsuit challenging the Communications Decency Act.
- Directory of items by EFF Board Member Emeritus Denise
- Directory containing misc. electronic periodicals related
to civil liberties and networking.
- Directory of material by several EFF-related
individuals, including Board Member Emeritus Stewart Brand, former
Cambridge office Director and Online Services Coordinator Cliff Figallo,
and former Communications Director Gerard Van Der Leun.
- Directory of material by EFF Board Member and Chair
- Directory of material by former EFF Executive Director
and Policy Director Jerry Berman (currently Exec. Dir. of CDT).
- Directory of material by EFF Board Member and co-founder
- Directory of material by EFF Board Member, Vice-Chair
and co-founder John Perry Barlow
- Directory of material by EFF Board Member Lawrence (larry)
Lessig, Stanford Law School Professor.
- Directory of material by EFF Staff Counsel Mike Godwin
- Directory of material by misc. authors, including Hakim Bey, Henry
David Thoreau, William S. Burroughs, Barry Krusch, Robert D. Kaplan,
and John Shirley. The material archived here runs the gamut from
political analyses through works by "cyberpunk" authors, to literary
explorations of civil liberties.
- Directory of Material by EFF Board Member, co-founder and
former Chairman Mitch Kapor.
- Directory of material by EFF Director of Legal Services
- Directory of material by EFF board member (and O'Reilly &
Associates president) Tim O'Reilly.
- Directory of material by "cyberpunk" author William Gibson
Related On-Site Resources
EFF's Guide to the Internet
- (previously Big Dummy's Guide to the Internet, and published in
hardcopy by MIT Press as Everybody's Guide to the Internet). Many
formats and several editions are available, from HTML and PostScript
to Hungarian and Italian. This guide was the among the first of its
kind and is retained for historical purposes.
- EFFector Online
- and Networks and Policy newsletters.
- EFF publications Link to a directory
- with further links to all EFF publications, testimony, position
papers, analyses, statements, and press releases.
- Internet standards and specs
- (does not contain archives of the specs
themselves, but for gopher and WWW users does provide links to the
archives sites for Internet/Usenet FAQs, RFCs, FYIs, IENs and other
documents. FTP users can get the link info from the file
README.where_rfcs_and_more in this directory.
Internet guidebooks and tutorials
- Most in English, but some non-English items are available,
including a Spanish internet access manual. Other items include the
famous EFF's Guide to the Internet, Zen_and_the_Art_of_the_Internet
and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Internet, as well as guidebooks for
e-mail only users, VMS users and Mac users, not to mention hypertext
databases of EFF info such as the World Internet Help Hypercard Stack,
and the well-known Hytelnet and Internet CMC and Resource Guide
Related Off-Site Resources
- The Computer Underground Digest archives:
a collection of e-publications and other files on the computer